Thursday, September 6, 2012
Who Am I?
Who am I? Am I on the path that will lead me to who I am ment to be? Are the activities I am involved in molding me into the best I can be? I am no closer to knowing the answer to that question than I am to walking on the moon. But, even if I don't know if I am developing into who I am supposed to be or what my future career is, I do know many things about myself. To begin with the solid facts about me my full name is Abigail Beth Cerveny. I was born on April 3, 1995 at 2:27 p.m. in York, Nebraska. My parents are Scott Allen and Christina Marie Cerveny. I have two sisters named Alexandria Brooke and Eleanor Marie Cerveny. My grandfather, Roger Allen Cerveny, is my hero and is one of the best people I have ever known and will every know. I am a senior at Aurora High School in Aurora, Nebraska. I am involved in many school activities. My academics, faith, family, friends, personal beliefs, passions, and life experiences are important to me. I believe in working hard and doing everything to the best of my ability. And I live by the following Czech proverb "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today."
At school I am involved in many activities. I have been a member of the Aurora High School cross country team and cheerleader squads for football, volleyball, and basketball for four years. I am a member of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) and Fellowship of Christian Girls (FCG). I am the 2012-2013 National Honors Society (NHS) vice president. And I am a member of Aurora High School's Junior Leadership Academy, band, jazz band, and marching band leadership team. Another activity I am involved in is a circle of friends. Also, I am a member of the Aurora Mentoring Program (AMP). My academics are very important to me and I enjoy learning. I believe the following quote by an unknown author: "Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt."
I have many passions and hobbies and I believe that the following Irish blessing puts into words how I approach life. "May you always have enough happiness to keep you sweet; enough trials to keep you strong; enough success to keep you eager; enough faith to give you courage, and enough determination to make each day a good one." I love to run as well as read. Traveling is another passion of mine and I hope to study abroad some day and travel around the world. Watching movies and spending time with my family and friends is how I like to spend my free time. I am fascinated by history and I love going to history and art museums. The outdoors are another thing I enjoy and I am constantly taken aback by nature's beauty. I love physical activity, such as sports, and I have a love for gymnastics, the Detroit Red Wings hockey team, and I am a fanatic of the Olympics! I have a passion for volunteering as well as stewardship. I have gone on three mission trips and have donated blood twice. There is no feeling that compares to how it feels helping someone else! Also, I love both playing and listening to music. I play the trumpet and one of my favorite bands is One Direction. Louis Tomlinson, a member of One Directions has said "Live for the moment, because everything else is uncertain." I have experienced this first hand! My grandfather was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and was given two to four months to live, but he passed away in three weeks. And from his death, and his life I have learned that "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful!"
My family and my friends are some of the most important people in my life. As I have already written my parents are Scott and Christina Cerveny and I have two sisters, Alex who is 21 and Ellie who is 19. My grandparents are Roger and Jolene Cerveny, Ralph and Linda Kulm, Stan and Grace Schulz, and Midge Schulz. I have nineteen aunt and uncles and approximately fifty cousins. My family is my support system as well as my personal cheerleading squad. I believe that family helps define who I am and my friends reflect who I am as well. Through many situations in my family I have learned that "Everyday may not be good... but there's good in every day!"
My faith also helps define who I am. I was baptized at the First Lutheran Church in York, Nebraska. I am currently an active member in the Messiah Lutheran Church in Aurora, Nebraska. I also am involved in the youth group at Messiah Lutheran Church. I have attended three missions trips with my youth group and the time I spent on the mission trips have been priceless. We have gone to Benton Harbor, Michigan, Cortez, Colorado, and Red Lake, Minnesota. One of my favorite verses from the Bible that I feel describes my life as whole is in Isaiah, Chapter 40, verse 31: "But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again. They will rise up as an eagle in the sky. They will run and not need rest. They will walk and not become tired."
Although I am still trying to figure out exactly who I am and what my "calling" is, I do know what is important to me. My family, friends, faith, and the activities I am involved in are just a few of these things. I believe a positive attitude can change any situations and that, according to Walt Disney, "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Throughout different times in my life I have found myself asking "Who am I?" And when I think about going to college, I get nervous because I am not for sure what the "right" choice is and I am afraid to make the wrong choice. But as Mary Engelbreit wrote "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strengths." I try to keep this in mind as I become overwhelmed with the thought of going off to college. So, as I finish answering the question "Who am I" I will leave you will a little advice that my grandpa Cerveny has given me. Always be kind to people, look at the bright side of every situation, focus on your blessings and not your trials, give everything you do your best effort, believe in yourself and your abilities, and with family you can overcome anything! And remember what Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "Do what you feel in your heart to be right-for you'll be criticized anyway."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I couldn't agree more with Eleanor Roosevelt! So very true! I really got a sense of who you are and your love of wise quotations. You had several good ones! I can also tell that your identity is tightly wrapped up in your family! That is good!
ReplyDeleteWhat a good I love how you incorporated quotes from various famous people and related your life to them within your writing! One of my favorite things was when you called your family your own "cheering squad" Cute. :) You really are the hardest working person I know so the things you used to describe yourself are unquestionably accurate! Abigail Beth Cerveny is definitely on the right path :)) Don't you worry!
ReplyDeleteAb. :)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love how you put you were born at 2:27 a.m. Totally an Abby thing to do. :) I like how you put you liked watching movies because I can definitely hear you quoting them like always! I loved how the advice from your grandpa basically recapped the rest of your entry. You can tell that he had quite the impact on you and how you want to live!
Abby! Abby! Abby! :)
ReplyDeleteWhere do I even begin? This was such a fun read! You are a very driven individual, with your priorities in place! I love that! I also enjoyed the quotes you incorporated in as well-so motivational and inspiring! You are well on your way to answering the questions you have about who you are! :)
Dear Abby, good job. I think you summarized the activities of your life very well. You included probably like a million things that you do and I find it is quite a talent that you have to manage your time so well along with being heavily involved in our high school. Your grandpa sounds like a very strong man, I don't know what I would do if I was told I had 4 months to live. You included a ton of great quotes about life, solid work!
ReplyDelete